Everything you wanted to know about Indians but were afraid to ask Young readers edition
Book - 2021
A "book of questions and answers for Native and non-Native young readers alike. Ranging from 'Why is there such a fuss about nonnative people wearing Indian costumes for Halloween?' to 'Why is it called a traditional Indian fry bread taco?' to 'What's it like for Natives who don't look Native?' to 'Why are Indians so often imagined rather than understood?' and beyond, [this book] does exactly what its title says for young readers"--Publ...isher marketing.
- Young readers edition
- Item Description
- "Based on the [adult-level] book [of the same name] ... published by the Minnesota Historical Society Press, 2012"--Copyright page.
"This is an Arthur A. Levine book"--Copyright page.
- Physical Description
- xv, 383 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Includes filmography and bibliographical references (pages 352-355) and index.
- Main Author
- Religion, culture, & identity
- Tribal languages
- Social activism
- Perspectives: coming to terms and future directions
- Finding ways to make a difference.