Tiny humans, big emotions How to navigate tantrums, meltdowns, and defiance to raise emotionally Intelligent children
Book - 2023
Emotional development experts Alyssa Blask Campbell, M.Ed. and Lauren Stauble M.S. are at the forefront of a movement to foster little ones' emotional intelligence. Their revolutionary Collaborative Emotion Processing (CEP) method has been a game changer for parents and educators, and now they are sharing it with readers in this indispensable guide.--
New York, NY :
Harvest, an imprint of William Morrow
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- First edition
- Physical Description
- 293 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 277-283) and index.
- Part I. What Are Emotions and Why Do They Matter?
- Chapter 1. What Is Emotional Intelligence?
- Chapter 2. Your Role in Your Child's Emotions
- Chapter 3. What's Happening in the Brain and the Body When You Have Big Emotions?
- Chapter 4. The Collaborative Emotion Processing Method
- Part II. Collaborative Emotion Processing with Tiny Humans
- Chapter 5. What to Do in the Moment
- Chapter 6. How to Set and Hold Boundaries
- Chapter 7. When and How to Talk About the Behavior
- Chapter 8. Consequences, Punishments, and Rewards
- Chapter 9. Ending Meltdowns Before They Start
- Chapter 10. When There's More Than One Child
- Part III. CEPing It Up a Level
- Chapter 11. Developing Empathy
- Chapter 12. Changes and Transitions
- Chapter 13. The Future Is Emotionally Intelligent
- Additional Tools: The CEP Deck