World heritage sites Exploring the world's greatest places
DVD - 2021
Justin M. Jacobs, Associate Professor of History at American University, presents a series of lectures on 24 of the more than 1000 UNESCO-designated sites embodying the marvels of human culture such as the Taj Mahal of Agra and the Forbidden City of Beijing as well as natural wonders, such as Australia's Great Barrier Reef and California's Redwood Forests.
- Great courses.
- Documentary films
Travelogues (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Chantilly, VA :
The Great Courses
- Item Description
- "The Great courses, Topic: Travel"--Cover.
"Course no. 80000"--Container and disc labels.
Originally produced in 2021.
Program content: ©2021.
24 lectures lasting approximately 30 minutes each.
Closed-captioned in English.
- Physical Description
- 4 videodiscs (approximately 709 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 course guidebook (ii, 27 pages : color illustrations, 1 color map ; 19 cm)
- DVD; NTSC; widescreen presentation.
- Accompanying course guidebook includes bibliographical references.
- Main Author
- Corporate Author
- Other Authors
- , ,
- Disc 1.
- Paleolithic cave art of Spain and France ;
- The Taj Mahal of Agra ;
- Australia's Great barrier Reef ;
- The Mogao Grottoes and manuscripts ;
- Persepolis, the great persian Capital ;
- Easter Island and the Moai
- Disc 2.
- Canada's Rocky Mountains ;
- Teotihuacan, largest city of Mesoamerica ;
- Samarkand, crossroads of Central Asia ;
- Ancient Egyptian Thebes ;
- The Forbidden City of Beijing ;
- Mount Fuji, the symbol of Japan
- Disc 3.
- Timbuktu, Islam's center by the Sahara ;
- The ruins of Pompeii and Herculaneum ;
- Virunga National park, Gorilla Sanctuary ;
- Angkor Wat, the great Khmer temple ;
- Earliest China: Yinxu and the Oracle bones ;
- The Inca estate of Machu Picchu
- Disc 4:
- Iceland's Great Assembly at Thingvellir ;
- Afghanistan's lost Bamiyan buddhas ;
- The Acropolis of Athens ;
- Tibet's Potala Palace and Jokhang Temple ;
- Palmyra, oasis in the Syrian Desert ;
- The Redwood Forests of California.