- Great courses (DVD). Philosophy, religion & intellectual history. Ancient philosophy.
- Educational films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Chantilly, VA :
The Great Courses
- Item Description
- "The Great courses, Topic: Philosophy, religion & intellectual history ; Subtopic: Ancient philosophy"--Cover.
"Course no. 50300"--Container and disc labels.
Originally produced in 2021.
25 lectures lasting approximately 27 minutes each.
Program content: ©2021.
- Physical Description
- 4 videodiscs (11 hr., 9 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 course guidebook (iv, 186 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm)
- DVD; NTSC; widescreen presentation.
- Accompanying course guidebook includes bibliographical references (p. 177-179).
- Main Author
- Corporate Author
- Other Authors
- , , ,
- Disc 1.
- How to live like a stoic sage ;
- Stoicism from Heraclitus to Thoreau ;
- The stoic garden : physics, ethics, logic ;
- How stoics understand providence ;
- The stoics on desire and disipline
- Disc 2.
- The stoics on interacting with others ;
- The stoics on decision-making ;
- Seneca's letters to Lucilius ;
- Seneca on grief and distress ;
- Epictetus on the importance of reason
- Disc 3.
- Epictetus on overcoming fear ;
- Epictetus on desire, action, and judgement ;
- A manual for the good life : the enchiridion ;
- Marcus Aurelius on being thankful ;
- Marcus Aurelius, virtue and the vineyard
- Disc 4.
- Marcus Aurelius on managing turmoil ;
- From stoic self-mastery to cosmopolitanism ;
- Drawing inspiration from stoic role models ;
- How stoics bear responsibility and conflict ;
- Misusing and misunderstanding stoicism ;
- Stoicism for everyday life ;
- Four family problems and stoic solutions.
No reviews were found for this record.