How to speak effectively in any setting
DVD - 2021
The power of an effective speech is undeniable. It has the capacity to engage, inform, motivate, and create change in an audience, and in the world. In How to Speak Effectively in Any Setting, a 24-lesson course with Molly Bishop Shadel, Professor of Law at the University of Virginia School of Law, learn the fine art of speaking clearly, effectively, and persuasively in contexts across the spectrum, from the board room to the bar room and everywhere in between. Professor Shadel teaches the under...pinnings of effective speech writing and skilled delivery in settings both personal and professional, giving the tools you needed to appear both confident and competent in all public speech.
- Great courses.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Chantilly, VA :
The Great Courses
- Item Description
- "The Great courses, Topic: Professional & personal development ; Subtopic: Communications skills"--Cover.
24 lectures lasting 30 minutes each.
Course guidebooks laid in each container. Guidebooks contain outlines for each 30 minute lecture.
"Course no. 2068"--Disc labels.
Title from disc label.
- Physical Description
- 4 videodiscs (720 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 course guidebook (iii, 222 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm)
- DVD, wide screen.
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- Disc 1.
- Establishing your credibility as a speaker ;
- How to engage an audience's emotions ;
- Speaking with clear logic ;
- Logical fallacies and how to disarm them ;
- Avoiding the pitfalls of propaganda ;
- How to write for public speaking
- Disc 2.
- Analyzing and rehearsing your speech ;
- Using body language in public speaking ;
- Eye contact and pacing in performance ;
- Finding your best voice for public speaking ;
- Managing stage fright ;
- Speaking with props or visual aids
- Disc 3.
- Making a celebratory speech ;
- Giving a eulogy ;
- Speaking skills for social settings ;
- Communicating successfully at work ;
- Making a powerful business presentation ;
- How to handle a media interview
- Disc 4.
- Negotiating without fear ;
- Giving helpful verbal feedback ;
- Speaking effectively in the classroom ;
- Making a persuasive political argument ;
- How to argue in court ;
- Assembling the elements of a winning speech.