Book - 2023
The debate surrounding police violence reached a climax in 2020, when video of the brutal killing of George Floyd by a police officer went viral and activated unprecedented Black Lives Matter protests across the US and around the world. Many activists called for police reform, to varying degrees. Some advocated for abolition, while others sought change within the system. And yet others didn't see the need for change at all. The viewpoints in this resource explore police brutality, racism wi...thin the US criminal justice system, qualified immunity for police officers, and the Defund the Police movement. --Amazon.com
|2nd Floor New Shelf||363.2/Police||(NEW SHELF)||Checked In|
- Opposing viewpoints series (Unnumbered)
New York :
- First edition
- Physical Description
- 176 pages ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- How widespread is police brutality?
- Is America's criminal justice system racist?
- Should the U.S. ban qualified immunity for law enforcement officers?
- Is "defund the police" an effective strategy for police reform?
- For further discussion
- Organizations to contact.