Family values Reset trust, boundaries, and connection with your child
Book - 2022
A psychiatrist and former medical director helps parents rebuild their relationships with their children through four essential areas--trust, shared beliefs, family history and forgiveness--and shows how to overcome generational wounds and create safety and stability.
- Self-help publications
New York :
- First Simon Element hardcover edition
- Physical Description
- xxii, 249 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Includes index.
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- Part I: Finding the reset button.
- Parenting with a new lens ;
- Change yourself, change your child ;
- Understanding your baggage ;
- Toxic power dynamics ;
- Taking stock of your parenting style
- Part II: Family values in action.
- SWEEP ;
- The five essentials of your family portrait ;
- Communicating and connecting ;
- The most important role model your kids will ever have ;
- Raising confident, capable kids
- Part III: New starts and new tests.
- Negotiation and motivation ;
- Evolving families ;
- Lightning round of common questions