Feng shui modern
Book - 2022
"In an increasingly cramped world, a modern guide to opening up your living space-and your life-using the ancient principles of feng shui. The practice of feng shui, centuries old and rooted in ancient principles of harmony between people and their environments, has perhaps never been more necessary than in the modern world. As we pack our homes-and now our workspaces, too-into mere square footage, our living spaces have a newfound and outsized impact on our wellbeing. In Feng Shui Modern, ...interior design expert Cliff Tan shows us that this can be a good thing. Using the traditional principles of chi, or energy, to take inventory of our areas and tastes, Tan uses expert tips and unique illustrations to show us how our own styles, color palettes, and pieces can maximize any environment, from dorm room to five-bedroom home. Drawing upon traditional principles of energy, Tan adapts a specified approach to developing your own intuitive sense of space: for balance, the five elements of fire, earth, metal, water, and wood; for season, the cardinal directions of north, south, east, and west; for spatial orientation, the five animals, tortoise, tiger, bird, dragon, and snake. Then, taking inventory of light patterns, walking paths, walls, windows, and doors, Tan shows us how to carefully and comfortably balance the areas we have with the energy we need. From choosing a home to redecorating old rooms, Feng Shui Modern helps us find harmony in the every facet of our lives-beginning with where we live them." --
- Handbooks and manuals
London ; New York :
- Item Description
- "Tips from TikTok sensation Dear Modern." -- Cover.
- Physical Description
- 191 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), plans ; 19 cm
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- What is feng shui?
- Foundations. Yin and yang ; Ba gua ; Five elements ; Energy - chi ; Five animals
- How to apply feng shui. The command position ; Flow and chi ; The balance of the elements ; The element cycle
- Planning. Choosing a home ; Entrance ; Living room ; Dining room ; Kitchen ; Office ; Bedroom ; Bathroom ; Shared spaces
- Styling. Clutter and storage ; Artificial lighting ; Colours ; Art and sculpture ; Mirrors and crystals ; Water ; Indoor plants ; Gardens and balconies