- Criterion collection ;
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
[Irvington, NY] :
The Criterion Collection
- Two Blu-ray special edition
- Item Description
- Based on the novel by James M. Cain.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1944.
Aspect ratio 1.37:1.
Special features include new 4K digital restoration, audio commentary by Richard Schickel, new interview with Noah Isenberg, film historian Eddie Muller conversation, 1992 film, Billy, how did you do it?; 2006 documentary Shadows of suspense about the making of Double indemnity; radion adaptations, trailer.
- Physical Description
- 2 videodiscs (108 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in
- Blu-ray; region A, aspect ratio 1.37:1; requires Blu-ray player.
- Academy Awards 1945: Nominees: Best Picture, Best Actress in a Leading Role, Best Director, Best Writing, Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Black-and-White, Best Sound, Recording, Best Music, Scoring of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture.
National Film Registry selection, 1992.
- Other Authors
- , , , , , ,
- disc 1.
- Feature film
- disc 2.
- Special features.
Review by Publisher Summary 1
An insurance salesman and an unhappy wife conspire to murder her husband and collect his insurance policy.