- Fodor's travel
New York, United States :
- Physical Description
- volumes : color illustrations, color maps ; 21 cm
- Publication Frequency
- Every two to three years
- Previous Title
- Fodor's essential Italy
- Corporate Author
Whether you want to visit the Colosseum in Rome, go designer shopping in Milan, or take a gondola ride in Venice, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Italy are here to help! Fodor’s Best of Italy 2022 guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time. This new edition has an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
Fodor’s Best of Italy travel guide includes:
- AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
- MORE THAN 40 DETAILED MAPS and a FREE PULL-OUT MAP to help you navigate confidently
- COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
- HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS FROM LOCALS on the best sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
- PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on “The Best Museums in Rome,” “Architectural Wonders in Venice,” “Best Hilltop Villages in Tuscany,” and more
- TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS including when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, art, architecture, cuisine, wine, music, geography and more
- SPECIAL FEATURES on “The Sistine Chapel,” “Cruising the Grand Canal,” and “Who’s Who in Renaissance Art”
- LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
- ITALIAN LANGUAGE PRIMERS with useful words and essential phrases
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE ON: Rome, Vatican City, Venice, Milan, Verona, Florence, Tuscany and Umbria, and more
Planning on visiting nearby European countries? Check out Fodor’s Essential France, Fodor’s Essential Spain, and Fodor’s Essential Switzerland. For a more comprehensive Italy guidebook check out Fodor’s Essential Italy.
*Important note for digital editions: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images or text included in the physical edition.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS : Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!