Pedagogy of the oppressed
Book - 2018
"First published in Portuguese in 1968, [this book] was translated and published in English in 1970. Paulo Freire's work has helped to empower countless people throughout the world and continues to possess a special urgency as the creation of a permanent underclass among the underprivileged and minorities in urban centers around the world continues. The 50th anniversary edition includes a new introduction by Donaldo Macedo, an afterword by Ira Shor, and interviews with Marina Aparicio ...Barberán, Noam Chomsky, Gustavo E. Fischman, Ramón Flecha, Ronald David Glass, Valerie Kinloch, peter Mayo, Peter McLaren, and Margo Okazawa-Rey to inspire a new generation of educators, students, and general readers for years to come."--Page  of cover.
|2nd Floor||370.115/Freire||Checked In|
New York :
- 50th anniversary edition
- Item Description
- Translation of: Pedagogia do oprimido.
- Physical Description
- viii, 219 pages ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- , ,
- Introduction to the 50th Anniversary Edition / Donaldo Macedo
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- "A luta continua": Afterword to Pedagogy of the Oppressed / Ira Shor
- Interviews with Contemporary Scholars : Marina Aparicio Barberan ; Noam Chomsky ; Gustavo E. Fischman ; Ramon Flecha ; Ronald David Glass ; Valerie Kinlock ; Peter Mayo ; Peter McLaren ; Margo Okazawa-Rey
- Foreword to the Original English Edition (1970) / Richard Shaull.