Ain't I a woman Black women and feminism
Book - 2015
"A classic work of feminist scholarship, Ain't I a Woman has become a must-read for all those interested in the nature of Black womanhood. Examining the impact of sexism on Black women during slavery, the devaluation of Back womanhood, Black male sexism, racism among feminists, and the Black woman's involvement with feminism, hooks attempts to move us beyond racist and sexist assumptions. The result is nothing short of groundbreaking, giving this book a critical place on every fem...inist scholar's bookshelf."--
New York :
Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group
- [Second edition]
- Physical Description
- xiv, 205 pages ; 23 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 197-202) and index.
- Main Author
- Sexism and the black female slave experience
- Continued devaluation of black womanhood
- The imperialism of patriarchy
- Racism and feminism : the issue of accountability
- Black women and feminism.