How to avoid a climate disaster The solutions we have and the breakthroughs we need
Book - 2021
After more than a decade of studying climate change and investing in innovations to address the problems, Gates sets out a vision for how the world can build the tools it needs to get to zero greenhouse gas emissions. He explains why he is optimistic that the world can avoid the most dire effects of the climate crisis, and discusses how climate change can be addressed in meaningful ways. -- adapted from jacket
2nd Floor New Shelf Show me where
New York :
Alfred A. Knopf
- First edition
- Item Description
- "This is a Borzoi book"--Title page verso.
- Physical Description
- 257 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 237-246) and index.
- Main Author
- Introduction: 51 billion to zero
- Why zero?
- This will be hard
- Five questions to ask in every climate conversation
- How we plug in
- How we make things
- How we grow things
- How we get around
- How we keep cool and stay warm
- Adapting to a warmer world
- Why government policies matter
- A plan for getting to zero
- What each of us can do
- Afterword: Climate change and COVID-19.