The case for the Green New Deal
Book - 2019
Argues that economic change is wholly possible, based on the understanding that finance, the economy and the ecosystem are all tightly bound together. The Green New Deal demands total decarbonization and a commitment to an economy based on fairness and social justice. It proposes a radical new understanding of the international monetary system. Pettifor offers a roadmap for financial reform both nationally and globally, taking the economy back from the 1%. --From publisher description.
- Main Author
- Physical Description
- xviii, 185 pages ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 175-185).
- Introduction: What is the Green New Deal?
- System change, not climate change
- Winning the struggle with finance
- Global system change
- The Green New Deal economy
- A steady state economy
- The Green New Deal : transforming our world.