Fear of missing out Practical decision-making in a world of overwhelming choice
Book - 2020
"We make more than 35,000 decisions a day. Some impulsive, some logical, and some complex and paralyzing. Compounded with our "always on" society, the pressures and stresses wrought by endless access to yet another option or possibility can create an endless loop of indecision and unease. Patrick McGinnis has the scientific secrets to make any decision simple-while simultaneously eliminating your stress. Living decisively doesn't happen overnight, but through focus, convictio...n, and relishing in your choices, you can begin to live happily with every decision you make"--
Naperville, Illinois :
- Physical Description
- xvii, 236 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -226) and index.
- Main Author
- Fear and indecision in an overwhelming world. A brief history of FOMO ; Your FOMO's not your fault ; More than a meme ; The other FO you need to know ; The sad tale of the man who got everything he wanted
- The hidden cost of fear. The billion-dollar business of FOMO ; FOBO, the anti-strategy
- Decisive: choosing what you actually want and missing out on the rest. Freedom from fear ; Don't sweat the small stuff ; FOMO is for the planets, not the sun ; Choosing action over option value ; Missing out on the rest
- Making FOMO and FOBO work for you. Going all in some of the time ; Game of the FOs: dealing with FOMO and FOBO in other people
- Epilogue: we're lucky to have options in the first place.