Thoroughly modern Millie
DVD - 2003
'Thoroughly modern Millie' is the story of an innocent country girl who comes to the big city in search of a husband. Along the way she becomes the secretary of the rich and famous Trevor Graydon, befriends the sweet Miss Dorothy, fights off white slaver Mrs. Meers and hooks up with a lively paper clip salesman, Jimmy. In the end it takes a rich and nutty jazz baby like Muzzy to unravel all these complications, give a great party, and match up lovers.
- Musical films Videorecordings
Comedy films Videorecordings
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Universal City, CA :
- Item Description
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1967.
Special features: scene selection, overture, theatrical trailer.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (152 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- DVD, Region 1 encoding, Dolby digital, Dolby surround.
- MPAA rating: G.
- Golden Globes, 1968: Best Supporting Actress (Carol Channing).
Academy Awards, 1968: Best Music, Original Music Score (Elmer Bernstein).
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Russell Metty ; film editor, Stuart Gilmore ; musical sequences, Joe Layton ; music, Elmer Bernstein ; musical numbers, Andre Previn.
- Other Authors
- , , , , , , , , ,