The big thaw Ancient carbon, modern science, and a race to save the world
Book - 2019
Permafrost--dark, ice-flaked, permanently frozen ground that lies under tundra and boreal forests across our northern regions--covers more than 12 percent of the earth's land mass. It exists in places that seem otherworldly and unimaginably remote to most of us, but the changes taking place in the permafrost layer may ultimately affect the lives of every person on Earth. --
Seattle, WA :
Braided River, the conservation imprint of Mountaineers Books
- First edition
- Physical Description
- 163 pages : color illustrations, 24 x 27 cm
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- , , ,
- Strangers in a frozen land
- Fire on the tundra, revelations in the rivers
- Siberia, ho!
- In Alaska and on thin ice
- A new geography of hope.