Precious planet A user's manual for curious Earthlings
Book - 2019
"How amazing is the home we all share, planet Earth! It's home to millions and billions of animals and plants, but have you ever wondered how everything is connected? In Precious Planet, learn all about our home that was formed almost 4.6 billion years ago -- the earth's crust, the continents we live on, and the oceans in between--and dive into the planet's fascinating geography. One of the most important parts of living in a home that you love is taking care of it. Precious Planet shows how we can work together to take care of this magnificent place--from saving water and trees, to looking out for each other. Precious Planet uses eye-popping illustrations to explain the world's natural phenomena, while opening chi...ldren's eyes to the importance of sustainability and conservation in a fun and engaging way."--Amazon.
- Instructional and educational works
Berlin, Germany :
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- , ,
- Item Description
- "Earth like you've never seen it." -- cover.
Previously published in French as Terramania.
- Physical Description
- 45 pages : color illustrations, color maps ; 37 cm
- Includes index.
- Building the house : the creation of Earth
- The basement : the center of the Earth
- The first floor : the Earth's crust and tectonic plates
- The flooring : the soil
- The workshop : mineral resources
- The upper floors and the roof : terrain
- Running water : fresh water on Earth
- The bathroom : the seas and oceans
- Heating and lighting : the Sun and the weather
- The living rooms : the continents
- The kitchen : food resources
- The utility room : garbage and medication
- The closet : the textile industry
- The sunroom : natural habitats and vegetation
- The roommates : humans
- The roommates : animals
- Vacation homes : life on another planet?
- The neighbors : explanets and extraterrestrial life.