Algebra A complete introduction
Book - 2018
A Complete Introduction is the most comprehensive yet easy-to-use introduction to using Algebra. Written by a leading expert, this book will help you if you are studying for an important exam or essay, or if you simply want to improve your knowledge. The book covers all the key areas of algebra including elementary operations, linear equations, formulae, simultaneous equations, quadratic equations, logarithms, variation, laws and sequences. Everything you will need is here in this one book. Each... chapter includes not only an explanation of the knowledge and skills you need, but also worked examples and test questions.
- Teach yourself books.
John Murray Learning
- Item Description
- "First published in Great Britain in 1986 by Hodder Education."--Title page verso.
- Physical Description
- xiii, 382 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- The meaning of algebra
- Elementary operations in algebra
- Brackets and operations with them
- Positive and negative numbers
- Equations and expressions
- Linear equations
- Simultaneous equations
- Linear inequalities
- Straight-line graphs; coordinates
- Using inequalities to define regions
- Multiplying algebraical expressions
- Graphs of quadratic functions
- Quadratic equations
- Ratio and proportion
- The determination of laws
- Rational and irrational numbers and surds
- Arithmetic and geometric sequences.