Country music An illustrated history
Book - 2019
The rich and colorful story of America's most popular music and the singers and songwriters who captivated, entertained, and consoled listeners throughout the 20th century--based on the upcoming eight-part film series to air on PBS in September 2019.
New York :
Alfred A. Knopf
- First edition
- Item Description
- "This is a Borzoi book"--Title page verso.
Subtitle from cover.
- Physical Description
- xv, 533 pages : illustrations (some color), portraits (some color) ; 29 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -510) and index.
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- Old ghosts and ancient tones
- The rub
- Hard times
- The hillbilly Shakespeare
- I can't stop loving you
- The sons and daughters of America
- Will the circle be unbroken
- Are you sure Hank done it this way?
- Don't get above your raisin'
- Afterword: Waylon, Emmylou, and Joe.