DVD - 2019
At their lakeside vacation home, Ann, George and their son have unexpected visitors: two well-spoken, well-bred young men wearing polite smiles and preppy sportswear. The visitors want to play a game. "You bet that you'll be alive tomorrow at 9:00, and we bet that you'll be dead. OK?" As the terrorized family fights to survive, each plan is thwarted, each option closed, each hour closer to what could be the last.
- Criterion collection ;
Criterion collection ; 975.
- Thrillers (Motion pictures)
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
[Irvington, N.Y.] :
The Criterion Collection
- Director-approved DVD special edition ; DVD edition
- Item Description
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1997.
Wide screen (1.85:1).
Special features: new 2K digital restoration, supervised by director Michael Haneke; new interviews with Haneke and actor Arno Frisch; new interview with film historian Alexander Horwath; press conference from the 1997 Cannes Film Festival featuring Haneke and actors Susanne Lothar and Ulrich Mühe; trailer.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (109 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- DVD, wide screen (1.85:1) presentation; 5.1 surround.
- Rating: Not rated.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Jürgen Jürges ; editor, Andreas Prochaska ; music, Georg Friedrich Hándel, Pietro Mascagni, W.A. Mozart, John Zorn.
- Corporate Author
- Other Authors
- , , , , , , , ,