Blu-ray - 2019
When Tony Lip, a bouncer from an Italian-American neighborhood in the Bronx, is hired to drive Dr. Don Shirley, a world-class Black pianist, on a concert tour from Manhattan to the Deep South, they must rely on a book to guide them to the few establishments that were then safe for African-Americans. Confronted with racism, danger, as well as unexpected humanity and humor, they are forced to set aside differences to survive and thrive on the journey of a lifetime.
- Biographical films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Video recordings for people with visual disabilities
Universal City, CA :
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- Item Description
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2018.
Special features: Virtuoso performances; An unforgettable friendship; Going beyond the green book.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (2 hr., 10 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- Blu-ray; 1080p High-Definition; Dolby Atmos (English), DTS Digital surround 5.1 (French), Dolby Digital 2.0 (English descriptive audio track); requires Blu-ray player.
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for thematic content, language including racial epithets, smoking, some violence and suggestive material.
- Winner, Academy Awards (2019): Best Motion Picture ; Best Supporting Actor ; Best Original Screenplay.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Sean Porter ; editor, Patrick J. Don Vito ; music, Kris Bowers.
- Corporate Authors
- , , ,
- Other Authors
- , , , , , , , , , , , ,