All new square foot gardening More projects, new solutions, grow vegetables anywhere
Book - 2018
Since Square Foot Gardening was first introduced in 1981, the revolutionary new way to garden developed by Mel Bartholomew has helped millions of home gardeners grow more fresh produce in less space and with less work. Now, based largely on the input and experience of these millions, the system has been even further refined and improved to fully meet today's changing resources, needs, and challenges. With over 150 new photos and illustrations, this new edition makes it easier than ever to achieve nearly-foolproof results in virtually any situation: 100% of the produce; 20% of the water; 5% of the work. Perfect for experienced Square-Foot-Gardeners or beginners, the original method created by Mel has not changed in any significant way w...ith this new 3rd edition of All New Square Foot Gardening. It remains: build a box; fill it with Mel's Mix; add a grid. But along with the classic steps, you will find some interesting and compelling new information, such as: *Adding trellises and archways, *Substituting with new materials, *Adding automatic watering systems, *"Thinking Outside the Box" with creative configurations and shapes, *Square Foot Gardening in dense urban areas with little or no yard, *Square Foot Gardening with kids, *Crop protection.
Minneapolis, Minnesota :
Cool Springs Press, an imprint of Quarto Publishing
- Corporate Author
- Main Author
- Corporate Author
- 3rd edition, fully updated
- Physical Description
- 272 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Includes index.
- The 10 basics and 8 steps of square foot gardening
- Planning your square foot garden
- Laying out your square foot garden
- Building boxes & grids
- Square foot garden extras
- Mel's mix : the magical growing medium
- Planting your square foot garden
- Maintaining your square foot garden
- Harvesting your square foot garden
- Outside the box : community opportunities
- The square foot gardening guide to vegetables.