No-waste kitchen gardening Regrow your leftover greens, stalks, seeds, and more
Book - 2018
"No-Waste Kitchen Gardening is a fun and colorful exploration of the amazing results you can get by re-growing vegetable cutoffs and scraps into harvestable, edible plants. Stop tossing your carrot stumps, loose cilantro sprigs, lettuce and cabbage stalks, and apple cores in the trash! The expert advice in No-Waste Kitchen Gardening, gives you all the instruction and tricks you'll need to grow and re-propagate produce from food waste. You'll be astonished at how much food waste yo...u can re-grow. You'll also find some helpful general information about growing indoors and maintaining your re-grown plants. Two-part photo instructions show first what the root, chunk seed, or leaf should look like when you re-plant it, and second, when to harvest or re-plant it in soil to continue growing." --
Minneapolis, Minnesota :
Cool Springs Press
- Item Description
- Includes index.
- Physical Description
- 127 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (page 124) and index.
- Main Author
- No-waste kitchen gardening-how it works and how to do it
- Regrow roots and underground stems in soil
- Regrow stems and modified stems in soil
- Grow seeds in soil and water
- Regrow whole plants and stems in water.