1 / 1 copies available
New York, NY :
HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers
- Main Author
- First edition
- Physical Description
- viii, 229 pages ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 223-229).
- 1. The Nature Of The Beast
- Maybe We're All a Little Bit Addicted
- How the Habit Takes Hold
- No More Moderation or Pretending
- Changing a Habit Is the Hardest
- Turn Every "Relapse" into a Reminder
- 2. Conquering Foma (Fear Of Missing Alcohol)
- Get to Know What Triggers Your FOMA
- How Am I Supposed to Socialize Sober?
- Alcohol and the "Cult of Personality"
- Life Is the Opposite of Boring Without Booze
- 3. Sober Curious Love, Sex, And Relationship?
- I'm Supposed to Date Sober, Too?
- We Alt Know Sober Sex Is the Best Sex
- The Role of Booze in a Hookup Culture
- Getting Sober Curious Is About Learning to Love You
- 4. Spirits and Spirituality
- The Link Between Spirits and Spirituality
- The Real Genie in the Bottle
- Who Am I (Without Alcohol)?
- 5. Wine In The Age Of Wellness
- Your Body Has Always Been Sober Curious
- All You're Really Addicted to Is Your Thoughts, and Meditation Can Help with That
- The Blissful Sleep Piece
- #Wellness as a Call to Something Bigger
- 6. Core Desired Feelings
- Happiness Is Our Natural State
- It's Time to Stop Taking the Edge Off
- The Future Is Emotionally Intelligent
- Alcohol and the Confidence Paradox
- 7. Getting High On My Own Supply
- Sing, Dance, Tell Stories, Savor the Sweetness of Silence
- Highs Worth Having Are Worth Working For
- When I Want to Relax
- When I Want to Have Fun
- When I Want to Connect
- When I Want to Feel Pleasure
- When I Want to Transcend
- 8. The Power Of Positive Drinking?
- Drinking, with Due Respect
- A Good Night Is Allowed to Look Different for Everyone
- 9. Vision For A Hangover-Free Society
- More Hopeful, More Mentally and Emotionally Resilient
- It's Not Them, It's You
- A Sober Curious Society That's Better for Everybody
- Regaining (Collective) Consciousness One Sober First at a Time
- 10. An Alternative 12 Steps For Living Sober Curious