Blu-ray - 2019
The riveting story behind the first manned mission to the moon, focusing on Neil Armstrong and the decade leading to the historic Apollo 11 flight. A visceral and intimate account told from Armstrong's perspective, based on the book by James R. Hansen, the film explores the triumphs and the cost, on Armstrong, his family, his colleagues and the nation itself; of one of the most dangerous missions in history.
- Feature films
Action and adventure films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Video recordings for people with visual disabilities
Universal City, CA :
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- Corporate Author
- Corporate Author
- Other Authors
- , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
- Item Description
- Based on the book by James. R. Hansen.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2018.
Wide screen (2.39:1).
Bonus features: Shooting for the moon; Preparing to launch; Giant leap in one small step; Mission gone wrong; Recreating the Moon landing; Shooting at NASA; Astronaut training; Feature commentary with director Damien Chazelle, screenwriter Josh Singer and editor Tom Cross; Deleted scenes.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (approximately 141 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- Blu-ray, 1080p high-definition widescreen (2.39:1) presentation (main feature), 1080 i/p high-definition and 480 i/p standard definition presentations (bonus features), BD-Live 2.0, Color/BD-50; Dolby ATMOS (main feature, English only), Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 (main feature, Spanish and French only), Dolby Digital 2.0 (main feature, English DVS only; bonus features, English only).
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for some thematic content involving peril, and brief strong language.
- Winner, Academy Award (2019): Visual Effects.
- Production Credits
- Music by Justin Hurwitz ; film editor, Tom Cross ; director of photography, Linus Sandgren.