Nature's essential oils Aromatic alchemy for well-being
Book - 2018
"Lavender is calming and relaxing; lemon uplifting and stimulating. But why do each of those scents provoke these particular, visceral responses? In Nature's Essential Oils, certified aromatherapist Cher Kaufmann demystifies the how and why behind essential oils, explaining the environmental factors that impact the chemical make-up of plants and how they trigger our physical and emotional responses. This thorough and welcoming guide includes recipes for oil blends that can be used in d...iffusers and personal inhalers, as well as for bath salts, salves, linen sprays, and more. Kaufmann also explains essential oil dilution and safety, shares the best carrier oils for each application, and includes tips for buying and storing oils. With detailed profiles of more than 30 of the most common essential oils for well-being, this is a valuable resource for readers hoping to expand their knowledge of essential oils and their properties."--Page  of cover.
- Countryman know how.
New York, NY :
The Countryman Press, A division of W.W. Norton & Company
- Physical Description
- 304 pages : color illustrations ; 21 cm
- Includes glossary, bibliographical references, and index (pages 293-304).
- Main Author
- Nature. The natural world
- Aromatic plants. What's in the bottle?
- Proper names : Latin binomials and chemical compounds
- Humans. Being human
- Safety first. How to use, store, and apply essential oils
- Essential oils
- Stems, leaves, and needles
- Petals and flowers
- Rinds and fruits
- Woods and resins
- Roots and rhizomes
- Blending and carriers. Blending
- Carrier oils
- Recipes to get you started. Recipes