The well-tended perennial garden The essential guide to planting and pruning techniques
Book - 2017
Since its original publication nearly thirty years ago, The Well-Tended Perennial Garden has helped home gardeners successfully plan, plant, and tend their gardens. Now Tracy Di-Sabato-Aust's trusty advice and reassuring tone are back and better than ever in this completely revised new edition. Novice and experienced gardeners alike will benefit from Tracy's thorough details on the essential practices of perennial care--included deadheading, pinching, and thinning--along with growing i...nformation for new species and cultivars, on-trend garden design advice, a monthly planting and maintenance schedule, and details on native plants and gardening for wildlife. The Well-Tended Perennial Garden is a must-have ally in the quest for a beautiful, well-maintained garden.--AMAZON.
Portland, Oregon :
Timber Press, Inc
- Third edition
- Item Description
- "Completely revised & expanded"--Cover.
- Physical Description
- 416 pages : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 393-394) and index.
- Main Author
- Basic perennial garden planting & maintenance
- Design and its relationship to maintenance
- Bed preparation : Insurance for success
- Planting and renovation
- Pests and diseases
- Pruning perennials
- Introduction to pruning
- Cutting back
- Pinching, disbudding, thinning, and deadleafing
- Pruning to prepare for winter and pruning to prepare for spring
- Encyclopedia of perennials
- Guide to using the encyclopedia
- A-Z encyclopedia of perennials
- Perennials by maintenance needs
- Perennial garden planting and maintenance schedule.