Nolo's essential guide to buying your first home
Book - 2007
This timely title will help buyers find the right place to live and invest in--and even enjoy doing it. Filled with interesting facts, real-life stories and insights, and common pitfalls to avoid, this book provides everything to select the right type of home, the right mortgage, and much more.
Berkeley, Californina :
- Physical Description
- volumes ; 23 cm
- Publication Frequency
- What's so great about buying a house?
- What do you want? Figuring out your homebuying needs
- Does this mean I have to balance my checkbook? Figuring out what you can afford
- What's on the market and at what price
- Select your players: your real estate team
- Bring home the bacon: getting a mortgage
- Mom and dad? The seller? Uncle Sam? Loan alternatives
- I love it! It's perfect! Looking for the right house
- Plan B: fixer-uppers, FSBOs, foreclosures, and more
- Show them the money: from offer to purchase agreement
- Toward the finish line: tasks before closing
- Send in the big guns: professional property inspectors
- Who's got your back? Homeowners' insurance and home warranties
- Seal the deal: finalizing your homebuying dreams
- Settling into your new home.
Providing insights from 15 real estate professionals, along with real-life stories of over 20 first-time homebuyers, this entertaining guide makes the complicated process of buying a first home manageable, financially and otherwise, and fun. Original. Illustrations.Review by Publisher Summary 2
"This book provides everything the reader needs to: research the local market and listings; decide between a house, condo, co-op or townhouse; create a realistic budget; qualify for a loan you can truly afford; borrow a down payment from friends or family; protect yourself with inspections and insurance; and negotiate and close the deal successfully. The reader will find insights from 15 real estate professionals -- brokers, attorneys, mortgage specialists, a home inspector, a neighborhood researcher, and more. Plus, this book contains real-life stories of over 20 first-time homebuyers"--Review by Publisher Summary 3
There’s no place like home!
Ready to say goodbye to your landlord? With help from Nolo’s Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home, you’ll not only find the right house for you, you’ll have fun doing it.
Learn how to:
- research the local market and listings
- choose a house, condo, co-op, or townhouse
- create a realistic budget
- qualify for a loan you can truly afford
- borrow a down payment from friends or family
- protect yourself with inspections and insurance, and
- negotiate and close the deal successfully.
Download the Homebuyer’s Toolkit
Dozens of customizable forms that will help you find your dream home, crunch the numbers, interview real estate professionals, inspect the house thoroughly, and more— more details inside.
A fun-to-read guide for anyone looking to leave apartment living behind and enjoy the benefits of homeownership. Makes the complicated process of buying a first home manageable, financially and otherwise. Helps avoid newbie mistakes and possible legal disputes. A favorite among readers, fully updated to reflect today’s widely variable U.S. real estate market.