- Basic illustrated.
Guilford, Connecticut ; Helena, Montana :
- Item Description
- Includes index.
"Distributed by NATIONAL BOOK NETWORK"--Title page verso.
- Physical Description
- 135 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Main Author
- Types of touring
- Carrying methods for bike touring
- Trip planning and logistics
- Hitting the road
- International considerations
- Tips for the long haul
- Bike maintenance on the road
- Off-the-bike gear
- Gear checklist.
A guide to bicycle touring and bikepacking includes tips on choosing the proper bicycle, selecting gear, planning a trip, and making emergency repairs.Review by Publisher Summary 2
An information-packed tool for the novice or handy reference for the veteran, this guide distills years of knowledge into an affordable and portable book. You'll discover the mechanics of bikepacking, covering but not limited to bikepacking basics, choosing the proper bike, gear carrying options, and trail riding tips.