Absolute beginner's guide to Minecraft Mods programming No experience necessary!
Book - 2016
Now you can mod your Minecraft game environment into anything you can imagine, without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to master Minecraft modding and use Java to transform the Minecraft game's worlds, tools, behavior, weapons, structures, mobs ... everything! Plus, you'll learn Java programming skills you can use anywhere. Learn how to do what you want, the way you want, one incredibly easy step at a time. Modding the Minecraft game has never been this simple...! --Publisher's description.
- Absolute beginner's guide (Indianapolis, Ind.)
Indianapolis, Indiana :
- Second edition
- Item Description
- Includes index.
- Physical Description
- ix, 388 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Main Author
- Java from the ground up. Dig into Minecraft programming with Java ; Use NetBeans for Minecraft programming ; Create a Minecraft Mod ; Start writing Java programs ; Understand how Java programs work ; Store and change information in a Mod ; Use strings to communicate ; Use conditional tests to make decisions ; Repeat an action with loops ; Store information with arrays
- The world of Java objects. Create your first object ; Describe what your object is like ; Make the most of existing objects ; Store objects in data structures ; Handle errors in a Mod ; Create a threaded Mod ; Read and write files
- Create killer Minecraft Mods. Spawn a Mob ; Make one Mob ride another ; Take a census of Mobs and villages ; Transmute materials in an inventory ; Dig a giant hole ; Chop down a forest of trees ; Respond to events in the game ; Display a Mob's health during combat ; Make a world change over time ; Befriend the God of lightning.