- Criterion collection ;
- Feature films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
[Irvington, NY] :
The Criterion Collection
- Two-DVD special edition ; DVD edition ; widescreen
- Item Description
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1975.
- Physical Description
- 2 videodiscs (160 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- Rating: R.
- Academy Award for Best Song (1976).
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Paul Lohmann ; editors, Sidney Levin, Dennis Hill ; music, Richard Baskin.
- Other Authors
This cornerstone of 1970s American moviemaking from Robert Altman (Short Cuts) is a panoramic view of the country’s political and entertainment landscapes, set in the nation’s music capital. Nashville weaves the stories of twenty-four characters—from country star to wannabe to reporter to waitress—into a cinematic tapestry that is equal parts comedy, tragedy, and musical.Review by Publisher Summary 2
Follows the drama and comedy of the lives of twenty-four major stars in the five days they are in the country music capital of the world.