Triumph of the will
DVD - 2010
This film, commissioned by Adolf Hitler to record the 1934 Nazi party rally in Nuremberg, is the "most powerful piece of propaganda ever produced". Included are many scenes of gatherings, marches, and parades. The viewer will also hear speeches given by Hitler, Goering, Goebbels, and Hess as well as samples of monumental architecture designed by Albert Speer.
- Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiter-Partei. De Reichsparteitag > (6th : > 1934 : > Nuremberg, Germany)
Chicago, IL :
International Historic Films, Inc
- Deluxe remastered edition ; full screen
- Item Description
- Originally released as a documentary in 1935.
Special features: Four interactive DVD slideshows: Historical background, making of the film, personalities and locations ; SA historical background ; original promotional materials and media articles with interactive English translations -- Original Third Reich photo book: "Nurnberg 1934" on the Reich's party convention, with English narrations (9 min.) -- Two bonus shorts: Day of freedom: our armed forces (26 min.) ; Genesis of Triumph (23 min.).
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (110 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in
- DVD; region 0.
- Not rated.
- Production Credits
- Chief cameraman, Sepp Allgeier ; editor, Leni Riefenstahl ; musical score, Herbert Windt ; technical director, Walter Traut.
- Other Authors