- Opposing viewpoints series (Unnumbered)
Farmington Hills, Mich :
Greenhaven Press, a part of Gale, Cengage Learning
- Physical Description
- 224 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- What causes mental illness? The social construction of mental illness: power, pathology and PMDD / Rachel V. Isreeli
- Childhood trauma can lead to mental illness / Victor Carrion
- Chronic stress can lead to mental illness / Robert Sanders
- Mental illness is overdiagnosed / Bruce Levine
- That mental illness is common does not mean it is overdiagnosed / Brent Michael Kious
- How should mental illness be treated? Pharmaceuticals are central to the treatment of schizophrenia / Margarita Tartakovsky
- Psychotherapy may be an effective treatment for sever mental illness / Rachel Pruchno
- Better treatment is needed for Post-Traumaatic Stress Disorder / Lois Beckett
- The PTSD trap: our overdiagnosis of PTSD in vets is enough to make you sick / David Dobbs
- Raising public awareness may reduce male suicide / Dan Bilsher and Jennifer White
- Addressing stigma and masculinity may reduce male suicide / Owen Jones
- Is involuntary treatment for the mentally ill ethical? Involuntary treatment for the mentally ill is dangerous and harmful / Jennifer Friedenbach
- Involuntary commitment is sometimes necessary / John Casada
- Involuntary commitment is unnecessary and discriminatory / Thea Amidov
- Confining the mentallly ill in prisons is ineffective and inhumane / E. Fuller Torrey et al.
- Mental hospital care is little better than prison / Chandra Bozelko
- What are issues surrounding violence and the mentally ill? The insanity defense is necessary and moral / Mental Health America
- Stop the insane insanity defense / Sam Vaknin
- Better mental health care can reduce violence / Melissa Healy
- Guns - not the mentally ill - kill people / Abby Rapoport.
No reviews were found for this record.