It's what I do A photographer's life of love and war
Book - 2015
War photographer Lynsey Addario's memoir It's What I Do is the story of how the relentless pursuit of truth, in virtually every major theater of war in the twenty-first century, has shaped her life. What she does, with clarity, beauty, and candor, is to document, often in their most extreme moments, the complex lives of others. It's her work, but it's much more than that: it's her singular calling.
New York :
- Item Description
- Includes index.
- Physical Description
- 357 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Main Author
- Prelude. Ajdabiya, Libya, March 2011
- Part one. Discovering the world : Connecticut, New York, Argentina, Cuba, India, Afghanistan. No second chances in New York ; How many children do you have? ; We are at war
- Part two. The 9/11 years : Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq. You, American, are not welcome here anymore ; I am not as worried about bullets ; Please tell the woman we will not hurt her
- Part three. A kind of balance : Sudan, Congo, Istanbul, Afghanistan, Pakistan, France, Libya. Women are casualties of their birthplace ; Do your work, and come back when you finish ; The most dangerous place in the world ; Driver expire
- Part four. Life and death : Libya, New York, India, London. You will die tonight ; He was a brother I miss dearly ; I would advise you not to travel ; Lukas
- Afterword. Return to Iraq.