|2nd Floor||704.942/Figure||Checked In|
New York :
- Item Description
- "In association with The New York Academy of Art"--Dust jacket.
- Physical Description
- 240 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 27 x 29 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 234-235) and index.
- The once and future sculpted figure / Judy Fox
- A brief history of traditional painting pedagogy / Thomas Germano
- A brief history of traditional painting techniques: fresco, tempera, and oil painting / Lisa Bartolozzi
- Outsourcing technique: mimesis, method, and metaphor in figure sculpture / Robert Simon
- Toward an allegorization of method / Vincent Desiderio
- The invention of clumsiness: photography and modernism / Alexi Worth
- Refiguring history painting: representation meets modern techniques / Margaret McCann
- Freud and the eternal feminine in modernist painting / Donald Kuspit
- Representational art and kitsch / Kurt Kauper
- Twentieth-century figurative sculpture / Robert Taplin
- Representing avant-garde representation: from painterly figuration to matter-of-fact realism 1950-70 / Irving Sandler
- Monsters rule: the grotesque in contemporary painting and sculpture / David Ebony
- Looking back at the male gaze / Julie Heffernan
- The echo in the picture: the social potential of representational painting / Laurie Hogin
- Scale, materials, and self-perception in contemporary figurative sculpture / Mark Mennin
- Painting and digital technology: from film to Photoshop / Jean-Pierre Roy
- Pictorial space enters virtual reality: from perspective to 3-D modeling / John Jacobsmeyer
- Perspective, representation, and democracy / Nicola Verlato.
No reviews were found for this record.