The world wars
DVD - 2014
Adolf Hitler. Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Benito Mussolini. Winston Churchill. Charles de Gaulle. George Patton. Before they were the giants of WWII, they were infantrymen and privates in WWI, the war to end all wars. The story of the devastating three decades of twentieth-century world war is told through the eyes of the men whose characters were forged in the trenches before they commanded a world on the brink of disaster.
- Television mini-series
War television programs
Historical television programs
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Santa Monica, CA :
- Other Authors
- Item Description
- Originally aired as a mini-series on the History Channel.
Special features: Deleted scenes; characters in depth: Churchill, Hitler, FDR, Stalin, Patton, MacArthur; Featurettes: WW1: One word, Tech developments of WWI, Life in a trench, The US in WWI, Did WWI lead to WWII?, Legacy of WWI, WWI: Global connections, One thing you should know about WWI, Nationalism and WWI, Harlen Hellfighters.
- Physical Description
- 2 videodiscs (approximately 270 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- DVD, widescreen (16x9; 1.78:1) presentation; 5.1 Dolby Digital.
- Production Credits
- Editors, Tim W. Kelly, Jonathan Soule, Brian McAllister ; music, Extreme Music ; photography, Roger Chingirian.
- Disc 1. Trial by fire ; A rising threat
- dic 2. Never surrender ; Bonus features.