The gut balance revolution Boost your metabolism, restore your inner ecology, and lose the weight for good!
Book - 2015
"The Gut Balance Revolution by Gerard E. Mullin, MD Your gut microbiome: Those trillions of bacteria that live in your digestive tract. There are more of them than there are of you--and if they're balanced just right, with more "good" bacteria than "bad," excess pounds will melt away and you'll feel better than ever.From the top authority on the gut microbiome, here's a plan that will show you how to starve the fat-forming bacteria, reseed your gut with go...od fat-burning ones, and fertilize those friendly flora with just the right foods to reboot, rebalance, and renew your health--and lose weight for good. It's all based on up-to-the-minute scientific research. You'll find: The science behind the system: Learn how balancing your microbiome can burn fat and Restore health. Step-by-step meal plans, plus 50 delicious, easy recipes An exercise routine for each phase of the process Stories of real people who lost up to 20 pounds in 4 weeks--and kept it off! "--
[Emmaus, Pennsylvania] :
- Physical Description
- xvii, 409 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 377-420) and index.
- Main Author
- Introduction: it's not your fault!
- The hidden secret to weight loss: weed, seed, and feed your inner garden
- Dysbiosis - gut microbe imbalance: seven pathways to weight gain and illness
- The gut balance revolution overview
- Phase 1: reboot - weed your inner garden and rev up your metabolism
- Rev up your metabolism with Dr. Gerry's top 10 superfoods for phase 1
- Phase 2: rebalance - reseed and fertilize your inner garden
- Dr. Gerry's top 10 superfoods for phase 2
- Phase 3: renew - keep your friendly flora - and you - healthy for life
- Dr. Gerry's top 10 superfoods for phase 3
- Living a gut-balancing life
- The gut balance revolution: food charts, meal plans, shopping lists, recipes, and other tips on how to eat on the program
- Conclusion: the real secret to weight loss.