Hearts and minds
DVD - 2014
A documentary that unflinchingly confronted the United States' involvement in Vietnam at the height of the foment that surrounded it. Using a wealth of sources, from interviews to newsreels to footage of the conflict and the upheaval it occasioned on the home front, Davis constructs a powerfully affecting picture of the disastrous effects of war.
- Criterion collection ;
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
[New York, NY] :
The Criterion Collection
- Director-approved, DVD special edition ; widescreen
- Item Description
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1974.
Special features: Audio commentary featuring Davis; A collection of over two hours of Davis's unused footage, including excerpts from interviews with presidential adviser George Ball, broadcast journalist David Brinkley, French journalist and historian Philippe Devillers, and political activist Tony Russo; additional excerpts from General William Westmoreland's interview; additional audio excerpts from presidential adviser Walt Rostow's interview; and scenes from a funeral and a military hospital in South Vietnam.
- Physical Description
- 2 videodiscs (112 min.) : digital, sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in
- DVD, widescreen (1.78:1, 16x9) presentation; 5.1 Surround sound, Region 1.
- Not rated.
- Winner of the Academy Award for best documentary feature of 1974.
- Production Credits
- Eitors, Lynzee Klingman, Susan Martin ; photography, Richard Pearce.
- Other Authors