A climate of crisis America in the age of environmentalism
Book - 2014
"Few issues today excite more passion or alarm than the specter of climate change. In A Climate of Crisis, historian Patrick Allitt shows that our present climate of crisis is far from exceptional. Indeed, the environmental debates of the last half century are defined by exaggeration and fearmongering from all sides, often at the expense of the facts."-- From dust jacket flap.
- Penguin history of American life.
New York :
The Penguin Press
- Physical Description
- xv, 384 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 339-371) and index.
- Main Author
- The schizophrenic fifties
- Pollution and pessimism
- Politics and the environment
- Energy politics
- Crises and critics
- Anti- and counterenvironmentalists
- Ecologists and historians
- Deep and radical ecology
- Global warming
- Environmental issues of the 1990s
- The new millennium.