Anne Frank's family The extraordinary story of where she came from, based on more than 6,000 newly discovered letters, documents, and photos
Book - 2012
Traces the discovery by Frank's aunt's daughter-in-law of numerous family correspondences and keepsakes and what they revealed about the Frank family and the forces that shaped the famous young diarist.
New York :
- 1st Anchor Books ed
- Item Description
- "Originally published in Germany as Grüsse und Küsse an alle: Die Geschichte der Familie von Anne Frank by S. Fischer Verlag GmbH, Frankfurt am Main, in 2009; this translation originally published in hardcover as Treasures from the Attic: the Extraordinary Story of Anne Frank's Family in the United States by Doubleday, a division of Random House, Inc., New York, in 2011"--T.p. verso.
- Physical Description
- vi, 404 p. : ill., facs., geneal. table, ports. ; 21 cm
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -404).
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- Alice Frank, neé Stern, Anne's grandmother (1865-1953). Many good and beautiful things ; Where we come from ; Family life ; The siblings ; But the ones who stayed were scattered to the winds
- Helene Elias, neé Frank, Anne's aunt (1893-1986). Daily life and distant longings ; The time without letters ; Uncertainty ; You can't let yourself get depressed
- Buddy Elias, Anne's cousin (b. 1925). Starting out ; Years on the road ; The globe-trotter ; The play ; Our reason for being here ; The movie ; Homesick for Herbstgasse ; Home at last ; Winter on Autumn Lane ; A new purpose in life
- Stern/Frank/Elias family tree.
No reviews were found for this record.