DVD - 2003
Determined to get her hands on her father's hidden fortune, Carrigan is forced to hire an afterlife therapist to exercise the ghosts that keep frightening her away. Dr. Harvey and his daughter, Kat, move in and soon Kat meets Casper, the friendliest ghost. But Casper's uncles are still determined to drive all the "fleshies" away.
- Feature films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Universal City, Calif. :
- Special ed. ; Widescreen version (1.85:1)
- Item Description
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1995.
Based on the character created by Joseph Oriolo.
Special features: "Casper haunted house of Halloween" fun includes spooky games, creepy recipes, costume hints, safety tips and more; interactive never-before-seen footage and behind-the-scenes interviews; "The making of 'Casper'" documentary; director's commentary; talent bios (including the ghosts); bonus episode of the animated series.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (101 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- DVD, Region 1 encoding, DTS stereo., Digital DTS sound.
- MPAA rating: PG; for mild language and thematic elements.
- Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films, USA, 1996: Saturn Award - Best Performance by a Younger Actor (Christina Ricci).
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Dean Cundey ; editor, Michael Kahn ; music, James Horner ; digital character supervisor, Dennis Muren ; special effects supervisor, Michael Lantieri.
- Other Authors
- , , ,
A "ghost therapist" is hired to exorcise the ghosts in an old house so the owner can search for its fabled treasure, but the ghosts have other ideas.Review by Publisher Summary 2
A teen who lost her mother befriends friendly ghost Casper while staying at a mean heiress's haunted mansion.