1 / 1 copies available
Hinesburg, Vt. :
- Item Description
- Includes index.
- Physical Description
- xiii, 511 p. ; 23 cm
- Main Author
- Other Authors
- Part I: Bodies, business, and traditions for saying goodbye. Circling the hearses
- Tricks of the funeral trade
- Caskets, other boxes, memorials, and markers
- Embalming : a beautiful memory picture?
- Cemeteries : for-profit and non-profit
- Preneed sales : it's not "all taken care of"
- Body parts : big business, little regulation
- Federal Trade Commission : a fickle consumer ally
- Filing an effective complaint : and what not to do
- Mortuary education : a dead end
- Home funerals : a returning tradition
- Green burial : what they used to just call "burial"
- Part II: Necessary information for consumers [by state].