DVD - 2011
"A whip-smart, slapstick comedy-- takes aim at Jihadi suicide bombers and illuminates the war on terror through satire and farce. Follow five inept aspiring terrorists on their quest to strike a blow, and how they demonstrate that terrorism may be about ideology, but it can also be about idiots"--Container.
- Comedy films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
[New York, NY] :
Magnolia Home Entertainment : Magnet
- Item Description
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2010.
Special features: Bradford interview ; behind the scenes segments ; background material ; deleted scenes ; storyboards.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (DVD) (102 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen (1.85:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1.
- MPAA rating: R; for language throughout, including some sexual references.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Lol Crawley ; editor, Billy Sneddon.
- Other Authors
- , ,
Four Lions tells the story of a group of British jihadists who push their abstract dreams of glory to the breaking point. As the wheels fly off, and their competing ideologies clash, what emerges is an emotionally engaging (and entirely plausible) farce. In a storm of razor-sharp verbal jousting and large-scale set pieces, Four Lions is a comic tour de force; it shows that-while terrorism is about ideology-it can also be about idiots.Review by Publisher Summary 2
Four young Muslim men in Great Britain set out to change the ways of the decadent West, but nothing goes as planned.