DVD - 2011
Rango is a lizard who imagines himself an actor who literally breaks the fourth wall of his terrarium when the hatchback car in which he is riding swerves and sends him careening. Abandoned in the desert amid the shards of his former home, Rango makes his way to the nearby town of Dirt, which is experiencing a mysterious water shortage. The actor in Rango seizes the opportunity to invent a grandiloquent new image for himself, and as in many a Western, the stranger in town is suddenly promoted to... the rank of sheriff. Along the way to solving the mystery of the vanishing water supply, he must survive highway crossings, giant hawks, an army of bat-riding prairie dogs, and a gun slinging rattlesnake.
- Children's films
Action and adventure films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Video recordings for people with visual disabilities
Hollywood, CA :
Paramount Pictures : Distributed by Paramount Home Entertainment
- Item Description
- Originally produced as an American motion picture in 2011.
Special features: deleted scenes; previews; Real creatures of Dirt [featurette] (22 min.); Commentary by Gore Verbinski, James Ward Byrkit, Mark "Crash" McCreery, Hal Hickel, and Tim Alexander [audio feature].
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (107 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in
- Playing Time
- DVD NTSC, region 1; 5.1 Dolby digital surround; widescreen presentation enhanced for 16x9 televisions.
- MPAA rating: Rated PG for rude humor, language, action, and smoking; Canadian Home Video Rating: PG.
- Academy Awards, 2012: Best animated feature film.
- Production Credits
- Production designer, Mark "Crash" McCreery ; editor, Craig Wood ; head of story, James Ward Byrkit ; music, Hans Zimmer ; feature animation, Industrial Light & Magic ; animation director, Hal Hickel ; visual effects supervisors, Tim Alexander and John Knoll.
- For private home use only.
- Corporate Authors
- , , , , ,
- Other Authors
- , ,
- Theatrical version (107 min.); Extended version (111 min.).