[United States] :
New Video Group
- Fullscreen ed
- Item Description
- Title from sell sheet.
Originally broadcast in 2008 on PBS.
Bonus features: Deleted scenes ; recipes.
- Physical Description
- 4 v. (DVD)(1 videodisc per volume) (690 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- Other Authors
- , , ,
- Disc 1 (159 min.). Episode 1. Tilting at windmills in Castilla la Mancha ; Episode 2. Pilgrimage to Galicia ; Episode 3. Coasting along in Galicia
- Disc 2 (159 min.). Episode 4. Landmarks, legends and the lap of luxury ; Episode 5. Basking in Basque country ; Episode 6. Rockstar surprise in Catalunya
- Disc 3 (212 min). Episode 7. From the sublime to the surreal ; Episode 8. A sultan's view of Andalucia ; Episode 9. Castillian hog heaven ; Episode 10. Gawking at Gaudi and Asturian adventures
- Disc 4 (159 min. + extras). Episode 11. Island hopping ; Episode 12. Pure paella ; Episode 13. Madrid and the end of the road ; Bonus features.
From the seaside cliffs of Mallorca to the bustling tapas bars and majestic museums of Barcelona, this is the ultimate road trip across Spain. Academy Award-winning actress Gwyneth Paltrow, celebrity chef Mario Batali, celebrated author Mark Bittman (How to Cook Everything) and Spanish actress Claudia Bassols embark on a 10-week tour of a country at the forefront of the culinary and cultural worlds. Each episode finds the four in a new locale, from learning how Cava is made in Catalunya to meeting the famed pigs of Salamanca, as they steadily reveal the undiscovered delights of a country brimming with gastronomic and aesthetic treasures.Review by Publisher Summary 2
Follows four people as they travel through Spain exploring the sights and foods of each area they visit.