The great debaters
DVD - 2008
Melvin B. Tolson is a professor at Wiley College in Texas. Wiley is a small African-American college. In 1935, Tolson inspired students to form the school's first debate team. Tolson turns a group of underdog students into a historically elite debate team which goes on to challenge Harvard in the national championship. Inspired by a true story.
- Feature films
[New York] :
- Other Authors
- , , , ,
- Widescreen [ed.]
- Item Description
- Videodisc release of the 2007 motion picture.
Special features: deleted scenes; The great debaters: an historical perspective; "That's what my baby likes" music video; "My soul is a witness" music video.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (DVD)(124 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- Widescreen (2.35:1) presentation; Dolby Digital.
- MPAA rating: PG-13; strong thematic material including violence and disturbing images, language, and brief sexuality.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Philippe Rousselot ; editors, John Breinholt, Hughes Winborne ; music, Peter Golub, James Newton Howard ; costume designer, Sharen Davis ; production designer, David J. Bomba.