The West Wing The complete first season The complete first season /
DVD - 2003
Headed by President Josiah Bartlet, demonstrates that office politics are the same everywhere; things just have greater repercussions when your office happens to be the White House. Stories surround the President; his deputy communications director Sam Seaborn; his beleaguered press secretary, C.J. Cregg; the chief of staff, recovering boozehound Leo McGarry, who sacrifices his marriage to his career. Among the global crises Bartlet must finesse are a nuclear showdown between India and Pakistan,... an American plane shot down by terrorists, and another downed U.S. plane in Iraq.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Burbank, California :
Warner Home Video
- Item Description
- Originally released as a television series from 1999-2000.
Special features: commentaries from Aaron Sorkin, "The West Wing" creator and director Thomas Schlamme on five key episodes, including the "Pilot," "What kind of day has it been," "Take this Sabbath day," "In excelsis deo" (featuring additional commentary from co-executive producer/director Alex Graves) and "Celestial navigation" (with co-executive producer/director Chris Misiano joining Sorkin and Schlamme); all-new digital transfers; "The Primaries" and "The West Wing inauguration"--In-depth making-of documentaries; exclusive, behind-the-scenes footage from "The West Wing's" first season, including "Capital Beat" and "Sheet Music"; "Gag order"--a collection of outtakes and bloopers; "Off the record"--outtakes from various cast and producer interviews; deleted scenes.
- Physical Description
- 3 v. (4 videodiscs) (ca. 956 min.) : sound, colour, double-sided ; 4 3/4 in
- Region 1 encoding, Full screen presentation, Dolby surround, stereo.
- Not rated.
- Production Credits
- Directors of photography, Thomas Del Ruth ... [et al.] ; editors, Russell Denove ... [et al.] ; original music, Roxanne Lippel ; costume designer, Lyn Paolo ; production designer, Ken Hardy.
- Other Authors
- , ,
- [v. 1 (ca. 5 hrs., 45 min.)]: Disc 1. Episodes 1-8. Pilot ; Post hoc, ero propter hoc ; A proportional response ; Five votes down ; The crackpots and these women ; Mr. Willis of Ohio ; The state dinner ; Enemies
- [v. 2 (ca. 5 hrs, 45 min.)]: Disc 2. Episodes 9-16. The short list ; In Excelsis Deo ; Lord John Marbury ; He shall, from time to time... ; Take out the trash day ; Take this Sabbath day ; Celestial navigation ; 20 hours in L.A.
- v. 3 (ca. 4 hrs., 18 min. + special features)]: Disc 3. Episodes 17-22. The White House pro-am ; Six meetings before lunch ; Let Bartlet be Bartlet ; Mandatory minimums ; Lies, damn lies and statistics
- Disc 4. Special features: The primaries: The making of the pilot ; The inauguration: season one unfolods ; Capital beat: the politics behind The West wing ; Sheet music: the West wing notes ; deleted scenes ; gag order ; The West wing suite ; Off the record.
Created by playwright Aaron Sorkin (A Few Good Men), "The West Wing" instantly became one of television's gold standard series, earning four consecutive Emmy Awards for Best Dramatic Series. Martin Sheen stars as President John Bartlet, whose dedicated staff deftly handle crises both political and personal.Review by Publisher Summary 2
Ensemble show about the inner workings of the Bartlett presidential administration.