DVD - 2007
In South Boston, the state police force are waging a war on Irish-American organized crime. Undercover cop Billy Costigan is assigned to infiltrate the mob syndicate, which is run by gangland chief Frank Costello. Billy quickly gains Costello's confidence. Colin Sullivan is a hardened young criminal who has infiltrated the police department as an informer for the syndicate. Colin is rising to a position of power within the Special Investigation Unit. Each man becomes deeply consumed by his double life, gathering information about the plans and counter-plans of the operations he has penetrated.
- Feature films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Burbank, CA :
Warner Home Video
- Other Authors
- , ,
- Widescreen ed
- Item Description
- Based on the 2002 screenplay "Wu jian dao" by Alan Mak and Felix Chong.
Special features: theatrical trailer.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (DVD)(151 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in
- Region 1; Widescreen.
- MPAA rating: R; for strong brutal violence, pervasive language, some strong sexual content and drug material.
- National Board of Review (USA), 2006: NBR - Best Director (Martin Scorsese) ; Best Ensemble.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Michael Ballhaus ; editor, Thelma Schoonmaker ; music, Howard Shore ; costume designer, Sandy Powell ; production designer, Kristi Zea ; visual effects supervisor, Rob Legato.
- For private home use only.