Little Miss Sunshine
DVD - 2006
Olive is a little girl who dreams of winning the Little Miss Sunshine contest. Her family wants her dream to come true, but they are so dysfunctional that they can barely make it through a day without some disaster befalling them. Olive's father, Richard, is unsuccessful as a motivational speaker. He is barely on speaking terms with Olive's mother. Her uncle Frank has attempted suicide following an unsuccessful romance with a male graduate student. Her brother Dwayne, a fanatical follo...wer of Nietzsche, has taken a vow of silence. And Olive's grandfather is a loser with a drug habit, but at least he enthusiastically coaches Olive in her contest talent routine. Circumstances conspire to put the entire family on the road together with the goal of getting Olive to the Little Miss Sunshine contest in California.
- Feature films
Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Beverly Hills, CA :
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
- Full screen and widescreen presentations
- Item Description
- Title from container.
Videodisc release of the 2006 motion picture.
Side A contains full screen presentation ; side B contains widescreen presentation.
Special features: Side A: audio commentary with directors Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris and writer Michael Arndt; "Till the end of time" performed by DeVotchka ; Side B: audio commentary with directors Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris and writer Michael Arndt; 4 alternate endings with optional commentary by directors Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris.
- Physical Description
- 1 videodisc (DVD)(103 min.) : sd., col., double-sided ; 4 3/4 in
- Region 1, widescreen (2.35:1) and full screen (1.33:1) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, Dolby surround.
- MPAA rating: R; for language, some sex and drug content.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Tim Suhrstedt ; editor, Pamela Martin ; music, Mychael Danna, Devotchka ; costume designer, Nancy Steiner ; production designer, Kalina Ivanov.
- Corporate Author
- Other Authors
- , , ,